Lately I've been thinking a lot about living a healthy life and losing weight (by lately I mean past 5 years). Internet taught me that these two things come in a pack as the best way to loose weight is to eat healthy and exercise. I've decided to gather some healthy/weight loss tips which I'm going to print out and hang on a wall. So if you also want to change your eating habits a little bit and have a healthy life, read the tips below.
1. Never skip breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day.
2. Drink a lot of water! It will keep you hydrated. You should drink at least 2 liters (or 8 cups) each day. If you drink water every day your body will get rid of retained water that shows up as excess weight, your skin will look healthier and your metabolism will go faster. Feeling thirsty yet? I know I am! But if you don't like water that much, you can add lime, orange, lemon or cucumber to give it a little taste but still keep it low calorie.
3. Eat more, smaller meals. By "more" I mean more meals of course, not more food. You should eat about 5-6 small meals every day, every 2-3 hours.
4. Avoid over-processed, refined foods like white flour or sugar.
5. Do not drink soda. Why would you want to drink your calories? Save them for food!
6. Eat oatmeal, almonds, berries, whole grains and avocados to keep your stomach feeling full.
7. Eat eggs, lean meats and yogurt (I heard greek yogurt is the best option) to help break down fat.
8. Try drinking green tea, skim milk or coffee to speed up your metabolism.
9. Eat slowly. It takes 20 minutes for your brain to know your stomach is full, so the slower you eat, the less you eat. Perfect solution!
10. Get enough sleep! Structuring your sleep pattern helps regulate metabolism.
11. Drink a lot of green tea! It is a great source of anti oxidants, it burns fat, enables you to exercise longer and rehydrates you better than water! (I'm gonna make myself a green tea right now, you do too!)
12. Exercise! It's best to workout in the morning but if you're not a morning person like me I think it's better to exercise in the evening, because it should be a pleasure, not a torture. The most efficient way of exercising is probably running. And the easiest because all you need is a pair of comfy trainers and a road. You can also ride a bike, go swimming or exercise at home (my favourite way of exercising).
13. Make it a lifestyle. Healthy diet is not a short term fix, it's a way of living.
14. Be patient! Don’t expect results overnight.Remember: It takes time!
15. Be positive!
That's it! I'm now sitting here with green tea in one hand and water in another. Maybe I went to far a little bit... Anyway, I hope I will hold on to these! I heard it takes 21 days for an activity to change into a habit. From today on, I'm going to read these tips every day and more importantly I'm going to respect them and I will let you know how it went in 21 days!