It's holiday break which means I'm bored... a lot. I know I shouldn't be bored during summer but as I came home to spend it with my parents, I have nothing to do. Except running my blog of course.
Anyway, I've been thinking a lot about stuff one can do on their own when bored. And as one of these things is "make a list", I made a list.
1. Make a list. It can be a list of anything. Of things to do the following day, of post ideas if you run a blog, of books to read, of films to watch or even your ultimate bucket list.
2. Bake some cupcakes or cookies. Your family will be thrilled!
3. Go for a run or if you don't want to leave the house, workout for 20 minutes. I swear, you'll feel better.
4. Organise your working space. I don't know about you, but my working space is always chaotic. Nail polishes are almost everywhere along with uncountable amount of bobby pins and pens.
5. Get lost in a book. Now, I am obsessed with Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan lately. The word "obsessed" might be a little bit of an understatement. Don't ask me about it because I cound speak about it for days. Just pick one book from you "to read list" and start reading.
6. Watch an episode of TV series. You can start watching a new one or you can simply re-watch your favourite episodes of your favourite TV series. I just re-watch Supernatural.
7. Watch a Harry Potter movie. If you're not a fan of TV series, just watch a Harry Potter movie. I've watched them all many times and never got bored, not once. They're always interesting, even if you know all the lines.
8. Make a cup of tea. Tea is always good.
9. Paint your nails. Paint them one colour or mix it up a little by trying some nail art.
10. Doodle. Doodling is something I love doing, I even have a special notebook for doodling only. Here are some of my doodles: here, here, here and here.
11. Scroll scroll scroll. If you don't have tumblr, get a tumblr. But be careful, it is highly addictive and it can easily ruin your social life.
12. Take a nap. Just like tea, nap is always a good idea.
13. Dress up or try new make up.
14. Sing on the top of your lungs and dance like there's no tomorrow. I love singing Glee covers the most, especially "On My Own" by Rachel Berry. Sorry, neighbours.
15. Take a long relaxing bath.
16. Organise icons on your screen. My laptop screen looks just like my working space. Chaotic. So it needs organising very very often.
17. Learn how to do the "Cup Song" unless you already know it.
18. Watch YouTube videos. Find new YouTubers, watch cute cats videos or re-watch your favourites.
19. Try origami.
20. Learn how to make gifs. I've been on tumblr for almost 3 years now (WOW, I just realised!) and when I first joined I was like "wow, how do people do these amazing gifs?" and now when I log in I'm like "wow, how do people do these amazing gifs?". I think it's time to finally learn how to do them. Thank God there are many tutorials on the Internet.
These are the things I think one may do when they're bored. What are your ideas?