Monday 19 August 2013

FIVE FILMS A GIRL SHOULD WATCH

I really like watching films, I do. I mean... who doesn't enjoy a nice film session in the evening, right? I especially like these girly films with a lot of humour, love and friendship. I think there are some films that every girl should watch, no matter what. But that's just my opinion so don't worry, you're not going to go to jail if you haven't seen them all. I just really love these five films so if you haven't seen them, I highly recommend them to you all, especially if you're a girl.


MEAN GIRLS: I think I've seen this one about 7 times now. I remember when I was in primary school and my friend told me one line from it and I was like "what the hell are you talking about?". After she explained and I told her I've never seen "Mean Girls" she invited me to her house and we watched it together. I loved it right away. I had three close friends back then and she was one of them so of course, we all had to match every "mean girl" to ourselves. Well... I was Regina. (trailer)

THE NOTEBOOK: Another film I've seen many many times, far too many probably. When I saw it for the first time I was very young, it must have also been in primary school. I remember being super surprised when I found out what was going on in it. I even cried and I (almost) never cry on films. It is very touching and it is actually the only film adaptation of a book I know that is actually better than the book. (trailer)

EASY A: If you asked me what my favourite film is I would most possibly say "Easy A". I already remember some lines the characters say but watching it never bores me. I think it's mostly because of Emma Stone who definitely is one of my favourite actresses. She's amazing in the Easy A, Olive was a perfect role for her and Emma was a perfect actress for that role. (trailer)

BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S: I have no idea why I've waited so long to watch it. I've never really been into old movies but I've heard so many good opinions about this one and I've seen so many gifs on tumblr that I just had to watch it. And I definitely don't regret it. I instantly fell in love with Holly (portrayed by Audrey Hepburn) and her lifestyle. And her apartment of course. Because of this one film I now have a list of old movies to watch. (trailer

PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER: I love Logan Lerman (my favroutie actor) and he's the reason I found out about this movie. If you've seen these hipster graphics with quote "And in this moment I swear we were infinite" on tumblr and you don't know where it's from, it's from this film. If you haven't watched it yet, please read the book first. I can't say that the book is better because the film is also pretty damn good, but the story of Charlie (portrayed by Logan Lerman) is so good that I think it's better to know it from the book first, not the film. (trailer

Have you seen these movies? What do you think?

14 comments:

  1. I have seen all of these apart from Perks Of Being A Wallflower, but my other half has the book and he told me what it was about. Sounds like a good story, but i was well creeped out by the ending! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this list! I've seen Mean Girls (of course, best film for watching with best friends ever!), The Notebook and Perks of Being a Wallflower. I really loved watching Perks, I've loved the book for years and years and it has some of the most beautiful lines in it and the characters are so wise for their young ages. Breakfast at Tiffany's has been on my list to watch for ages, I'm not sure why I haven't seen it yet but I'll have to rectify it soon! Easy A has never appealed to me, I don't know why, but now you've recommend it I might give it a watch :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. An intersting list! I think that "10 things I hate about you" could be added too. =)

    http://love-your-ego.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of these films so much! Perks has such a special place in my heart. I first read the book back when I was just twelve years old (nearly ten years ago!) and I immediately loved it and have read it countless times since then. When I heard they were making it into a film I was so excited/slightly worried. When I found out the cast Logan and Emma I was so pleased. I've always loved Logan and whilst reading it I actually pictured him in the role of Charlie. Funny how he was actually cast! And Emma.. I just love her!

    Really great list, Justine!

    xo Emily | Honey Loaf

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mean girls is just a classic, I could watch it again and again

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to say I love all of them! Audrey in the Breakfast at Tiffany's and Olive from Easy A, they're just the most amazing people I've ever met(or watched) xx


    Martyna | NEON MIZZLE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mean Girls is definitely a movie that every girl should watch over and over. It helps put high school drama in perspective, plus it gives amazing quotes to annoy your friends with...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not watched the notebook actually! Think I might need to

    Emma | masqueradebelle09.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all of these! I'd say Breakfast Club as well!! x
    Freya's Fashion Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the movies you've listed, but the Perks is probably my favourite. You're totally right, the book definitely deserves a chance! I fell in love with the book then I fell in love with the movie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have seen and loved all of these but I would replace The Notebook with A Walk To Remember which in my opinion is so underrated.

    Erin ☂

    ReplyDelete
  12. Still haven't watched The Notebook, don't know why. I have it in my movie collection but I just can't finally put my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love films! Mean Girls is hilarious! The Notebook made me cry! And easy A was fab (Penn Bagley was v hot in it!) lol. I have never watched Breakfast At Tiffany's but really think I should! And I have Perks of A Wallflower on my Kindle ready to read! Do you have any other film recommendations? I need lots for my film challenge!

    Ash :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Breakfast Club is pretty nice, also Cinderella Story with Hilary Duff, The Last Song and A Walk To Remember are worth watching. Oh and watch She's The Man, it's hilarious! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...